For decades, I’ve known and been in community with people from all walks of life and circumstances.
- 1980 - Counseling teens, young adults, and their families with substance use issues
- 1985 - Assisted therapeutic staff in helping traumatized children heal through inpatient treatment
- 1988 - Enabled struggling parents to address their children's needs through voluntary foster care
- 1991 - Provided emotional support and guidance through resources for families with HIV
- 1997 - Created & counseled online communities and websites for people on all points of the reproductive continuum, from infertility to high-risk pregnancy to miscarriage & pregnancy loss and living without children
I’ve worked with “the forgotten people” and "the lucky few" of American society, and I’ve had personal experiences that challenged my own sense of well-being.
With help from others and my own efforts, I learned in time to create a sense of contentment that carries me through life’s difficult circumstances.
Offering affordable professional counseling services, helping others find their own fulfilling paths, gives my life richer meaning and purpose.
I won't tell you how to live your life. My work is to help you find what you probably already know, to start delving into what more there will be in your life, and to begin practicing your future way of being today.
Training & Work
Therapist in private practice
Therapist Clinician at
The Center for Postpartum Family Health
Houston Galveston Institute (HGI Counseling)
Memorial Hermann Prevention & Recovery Center (PaRC)
I've been privileged to work with individuals and families experiencing illness, hospitalization, and rehabilitation, including years of working closely with medical staff and patients as an advocate. I offer conversational therapy, compassionate support, time and space for exploring thoughts and feelings, and room for finding clarity for whatever is troubling you. Some of the challenges (and gifts) I've discussed with clients include:
- fertility & infertility
- HIV disease & other chronic illnesses or conditions
- pregnancy and miscarriage
- parenthood and child-free living
- postpartum depression and anxiety
- young adulthood challenges
- managing transitions in life at all stages
- living with a creative talent
- the personal impact of medicine as a profession
- pursuing a spiritually-influenced life
- and relationship connections (and disconnections) of every kind.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
In the state of Texas #202951
Master of Science: Psychology,
with concentration in Individual, Couple, & Family Therapy
Our Lady of the Lake University
Bachelor of Arts: Human Development & Family Studies
University of Houston